- Take (literally) a few hundred pictures in Shoreline/Lake Forest Park or the location of your choice.
- Please try to get to at least five or six
locationswithin Shoreline/Lake Forest Park or your location of choice.
- Shoot landscape, portrait, pattern, shadow, action, macro, candid, and abstract shots.
- Try to shoot as many of the Elements of Design as possible:unity, texture, line, form, contrast, color, texture,
balance, rhythm, positive/negative space.
The Principles of Design in Photography | Trent Sizemore Photography
- Don't forget about all the parks, trails, streams, nightlife, coffee shops, and even some of the stores.
- If you are leaving over mid-winter breaking to some place interesting (like Maui) you can do the assignment on vacation.
- You will shoot pictures around Shoreline/Lake Forest Park on Thursday, February 16. You can use these for your final product or keep these pictures as practice. You must turn in a contact sheet when you return to class.
- You will turn in two 48 picture contact sheets when you return from mid-winter break.
Monday, February 13, 2017
Tourism Magazine Assignment
You work for a tourism magazine.
Your job as the Photojournalist for the Tourism Magazine is to take
pictures that will encourage people to visit or move to a specific town or neighborhood. In other words, you need to take pictures of everything this town or neighborhood has to offer.
At the end of the assignment you will turn in 10 high quality images. You will name each image using the Element of Design that fits best.
To receive an A you must go to a variety of locations, shoot a variety of interesting subjects, use a variety of the Elements and Principles of Design.
Posted by Trent at 4:27 PM