Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Best Portrait Adjusted
20 Adjusted Photos Contact Sheet
If you shoot one of your self-portraits today:
A 24 picture contact sheet of your self-portrait photo session
50-75 pictures of your FOUR Self-Portrait photo sessions (see below)
You will adjust these pictures the first two days of class after break.
Every picture should have a clear concept and show excellent composition.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- What picture category will you shoot at the end of the week?
- What will we learn about you in this picture?
- What will you wear?
- How will you attempt to light the picture?
Next, I want you to grab a sheet of paper and sketch one of this for self-portraits. Include location, outfits, poses, costumes, and facial expressions etc. I realize that not everything is an amazing artist, but do your best.
Hints for self-portraits:
Use colors or lighting to create a concept.
Costumes or uniforms work great.
Vary the lighting.
Try different emotional looks.
Pose in action.
Most importantly for this assignment don't forget your composition rules. Use framing, leading lines, rule of thirds, color contrast etc. to enhance your photo. Fill the frame.
You will shoot four different self-portraits over break. You need to pick four photo types from the following five categories.
1. A self-portrait where color is emphasized. Color may include wardrobe, location, props, or natural objects. Think of your picture as a one or two color concept picture.
2. A picture that emphasizes lighting and shadows. This will be a grayscale self-portrait.
3. A self-portrait that showcases your interests and hobbies. In this picture we learn what you like to do away from school. Think about what interests you and transfer that into a photo.
4. A fantasy self-portrait. Dress up and use costumes. In this self-portrait you can use Photoshop to enhance your picture in any way, shape, or form. Transfer yourself to Hawaii or become a Viking like you have always wanted.5. The Supermodel self-portrait. Dress up like a GQ or Cosmopolitan magazine model. This can be a grayscale or color picture. You will use Photoshop to airbrush and enhance this photo.
Even more ideas
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
- A Vignette Photo
- Two Grayscale Method Photos
- A One Item Kept in Color Photo
- A selective Focus Photo
- A minimally adjusted photo
- One WHACKY anything goes portrait (change the colors, use the liquefy tool, and make this as unique and interesting as you can)
- One picture where hair color (or another object) is significantly adjusted in a realistic way
Clone Stamp (CS)
Patch Tool (P)
Gaussian Blur (GB)
Color Hair (CH)
Whiten Teeth (W)
Removing Hot Spots (HS)
Healing Method (HM)
Glamour Skin Softening (GS)
You will turn in a total of 20 Adjusted Portrait Pictures. You have to turn in the pictures listed above plus an additional 12 adjusted photos. These are mid-way through the period Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
- Creating Killer Headshots: The Cheap Way! - David Griffin
- A quick start guide to the one light setup - David Griffin
- Back Lighting - Studio Lighting Setup - StudioLighting.net
- Paramount (Butterfly) Lighting - Studio Lighting Setup - StudioLighting.net
- Multiple Light Portrait Setup Hints - David E. Price
- Short Lighting - Studio Lighting Setup - StudioLighting.net
- Broad Lighting - Studio Lighting Setup - StudioLighting.net