10 suggestions for a great photo shoot.
Eight suggestions to create a solid fashion shoot.
Please look through, watch, and read about the following fashion shoots.
Beyond The Sea
In the Trenches
GQ: Best Suits
Details Magazine: Jeans
Your pictures should show a variety of composition and also showcase a variety of ways to light your subject. Please review lighting techniques here.
Please review portrait tips here.
You must choose a partner from class. You can work in groups of three, but you have to take pictures of each person.
You will model for each other on Thursday and Tuesday in class.You will shoot one day outdoors and one day in the studio.
Get creative. Play dress up. Dress stylishly and/or uniquely. Accessorize.
On Tuesday the 23rd you will get together with your partner and answer the following questions. You will answer these questions in Canvas.
2. What types of clothing are you trying to sell? What is the style? What magazine would these pictures most likely appear in?
3. What day are you using the studio?
4. What specific clothing will you wear each day? What accessories will you bring to enhance your shoot?
5. Where do you want to shoot outside of school? Why?
6. How will you ensure that you give 100% on this project? What can you do to make these pictures the best pictures you've taken in class?
7. How will you use lighting to make your pictures interesting? Be specific.
Bring your cameras Thursday and Tuesday. If you are in 2nd period photo and shooting away from school you can go directly to your shooting location. 4th period students can check out during TAP on Tuesday.